CCNT | CBNT | CDWS
Download NNCO Recertification Guidelines and Application,
Certification Certificate (first e-Certificate is free)
- Paper Certificate: $25.00,
- Duplicate e-Certificate: $17.00,
NNCO Recertification Application Deadlines
Your Expiration Month / Deadline
January 1 – March 31 / March 31
April 1 – June 30 / June 30
July 1 – September 30 / September 30
October 1 – December 31 / December 31
To apply for NNCO recertification through continuing education, 30 contact hours (CH) related to the practice of nephrology technology must be submitted for consideration. A maximum of 15 CH may be from employment in the nephrology business network. All CH must have been completed during the four years prior to the candidate’s certification renewal date and may be accumulated in any combination of the following:
- Continuing Education Programs. These may include workshops, seminars, professional development offerings, home-study courses, and local, regional, state or national conferences. The CH provider/sponsor must be identified sufficiently to allow a reviewer to recognize the organization. Use state abbreviations, names of nursing organization, names of hospitals, colleges, etc.
- Employment. Each year of employment in the nephrology business network will be considered as 3.75 contact hours. A maximum of 15 contact hours will be eligible.
- Online Practice Test. Take the Online Practice Test in Biomedical Nephrology Technology or the Online Practice Test in Clinical Nephrology Technology and submit a copy of the Test Completion Report. Go to http://www.ptcny.com/clients/NNCO/index.html for detailed information. Completion of the Online Practice Test will be considered as 2 contact hours.
- Writing Test Questions. Write and submit with your Recertification Application multiple-choice test questions appropriate for the NNCO Certification Examinations. Submission of 5 test questions will be considered as 2 contact hours. Submission of 10 test questions will be considered as 4 contact hours. A maximum of 4 contact hours will be allowed for the submission of test questions.